Located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, the Manhattan House has become a Modernist icon with a distinctive white brick exterior and progressive post-war design. Designed in 1950 and Landmarked in 2007, the development continues to preserve the purity, charisma and functionality that it has become known for.
As part of the development’s continued maintenance and improvement program, Merritt Engineering was retained to inspect and evaluate the façade conditions of the 21-story, 10-tower condominium complex. The repairs designed and specified by Merritt include brick replacement, re-pointing, window lintel waterproofing, window caulking, parapet replacement and reconstruction of corner wall sections. Merritt has also completed a roof replacement and Local Law 11/98 inspections at the building.